New England District LCMS Church Planting Application and Next Steps
Click here to download the church planting application and follow the instructions.
This is the first document that New England District pastors, congregations or church teams should complete to begin the church planting process with the NED LCMS. The New England District Mission Board is happy to help you complete this application.
The New England District LCMS Mission Board is re-using ninety-five percent of the Texas District LCMS Church Planting Steps for Mission Partners document for the church planting application process for several reasons.
- The Texas District has facilitated the start of ONE NEW CONGREGATION EVERY 6 WEEKS FOR THE PAST TWELVE YEARS. They are very good at starting new Lutheran churches.
- The Gospel has reached 9,000 new people through this effort.
- 113 new LCMS churches have been started during this time period.
- They have sent out more than 150 missionaries during that timeframe.
- They have established processes in place for effectively launching new churches.
- They are a sister district in our Synod. Let's use what is working.
IMPORTANT DATE: Applications for funding must be completed before the end of the calendar year because fiscal year budgeting starts January 1st of the New Year. The District's fiscal year begins in April. We need your application sent to us by December 31st.